Re: libepoxy on OS X, gtk3

>> I am building on OS X 10.9 with dmg-installed Xquartz, not having moved
>> to modular/in-tree yet.
>>
>> A while ago, I found that gtk3 would not build, because libepoxy didn't
>> install glx.  This was a mess because upstream is trying to support a
>> notion that libepoxy might not require X, when really things that depend
>> on it expect it to provide them.   I fixed this on 2015-09-14.
>>
>> Now, the failure is happening again - gtk3 doesn't build.
>
> FWIW this shows up on 10.11 with modular Xorg too:
>
>  http://us-east.manta.joyent.com/pkgsrc/public/reports/Darwin/trunk/x86_64/20151127.2308/meta/report.html
>
> I'm not familiar in this area to make a recommendation.

On OS X, I don't use X11 at all. And I think we should not ask users to install X11 when programs work fine with native graphics.

At this moment, libepoxy will either build with native OS X graphics or with modular X11. I recommend adding an 'x11' option, turned on for all platforms except Darwin and move the OPSYS==Darwin condition to options.mk.

Kind regards,
Adam