Re: fix ffmpeg* build by drop libvpx

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 07:23:46 -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I don't object, but I can't understand whether I should from your mail.
>
> - How much does this harm ffmpeg?   What fraction of users would
>   notice/care?
>
> - is there a plan to fix?  by when?\
>
> - How new is libvpx, and did upstream break backwards compat?  If so,
>   maybe it should be rolled back instead. *
>

> * We don't have a policy, but unstable upstreams are hard to deal with.
>    A good start could be not updating them on release until we assess
>    whether it is wise.

as you can see Changelog of libvpx:
  - Upgrading:
      This release is ABI incompatible with 1.4.0. It drops deprecated VP8
      controls and adds a variety of VP9 controls for testing.

      The vpxenc utility now prefers VP9 by default.

so we have turn it off till ffmpeg* should reflect this reariry,

or someone(TM) who ring a bell provide a these patch for it ?

--
Ryosuke