Re: discussion seeked for c++ variants in USE_LANGUAGES

Le 12/11/15 16:59, David Holland a écrit :
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 03:07:38PM +0100, Richard PALO wrote:
>  > > Very likely a lot, both due to disabled GNU extensions and the
>  > > additional restrictions in the C namespace.
>  >
>  > Personally, I'd simply like clang and gcc to use the same -std= clause
>  > to simplify pkgsrc maintenance. Today that's not the case for c99 already.
>  >
>  > I'll give gcc with -std=c99 instead of -std=gnu99 a try just for grins.
>
> I'm not convinced there's any point. No two compilers will arbitrarily
> reject the same set of programs, regardless of setting, so chasing
> after uniformity of settings isn't going to accomplish anything.

But the question I pose here is with respect to GNU extensions, either they're
enabled or not... seems incongruous to have -std=c99 for clang but -std=gnu99
for gcc.  I believe pkgsrc should at least be consistent (one way or t'other).

From the clang getting started page:
> Clang Compiler Driver (Drop-in Substitute for GCC)

In any event, various cflags/cxxflags tend to be set for compiler-specific needs.
--
Richard PALO