Re: perl 5.22, spamassassin and .db

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:11:25PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Hello,
> since then upgrade to perl 5.22, I can't run spamassassin with the
> bayes filter enabled any more (on NetBSD 7.0/amd64, in case it
> matters). The problem is that the bayes_toks file
> becomes ridiculously larges (sevral 100s of GB), eventually filling up the
> disk's space after a few days (it used to be a few MBs)
> the file is reported to be
> bayes_toks: Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)
>
> has anyone else seen this ?
> I'm running spamassassin from procmail (no spamd).

After running with bayes enabled for half an hour (28 mails processed)
I have:
-rw-------  1 bouyer  wheel  4.7M Oct 29 10:11 bayes_seen
-rw-------  1 bouyer  wheel  4.7G Oct 29 10:11 bayes_toks
>du -h bayes*
4.5M    bayes_seen
1.4G    bayes_toks

from a previous attempt, the file bayes_toks did grow to 64TB (!) and
then spamassassin stopped working (this may be the size limit of the
filesystem).

I did have problems with perl 5.20 too, so it may not be an issue with perl,
but with NetBSD 7.0.

bayes_seen looks good:

db hash bayes_seen |wc
      26      26    1404

but bayes_toks looks corrupted:
>db hash bayes_toks|wc
db: Error dumping database: Invalid argument
     228     453    2181

any idea ?