Re: libtorrent/rtorrent patch for testing

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 01:58:06PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > > I have some reports from #pkgsrc that it builds now with GCC and on
> > > newer OSX.
> >
> > Please do *NOT* apply this patch. It will only make it impossible to
> > update "rtorrent". We had the same problem with your previous C++11 patch.
> >
> > There is a new version 0.9.6 of "rtorrent" which might already solve
> > the problem. There have definitely C++11 related commits to the
> > Github repository.
>
> If you had spend even 10sec grepping the source, it would have been
> obvious that the update doesn't fix anything. So yes, you just broke a
> fix without improving the situation at all.

This doesn't change the fact that such a massive patch set does *not*
belong in "pkgsrc". The project is on Github now which allows you to
submit your patch set upstream more easily than in the past.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                 https://zhadum.org.uk/