Re: Improving security for pkgsrc

			Hi,

On 07/19/15 12:05, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 01:23:35AM +0200, Pierre Pronchery wrote:
>> Please tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe SSP is *not* enabled by
>> default on NetBSD's base system, with any architecture - even in -current.
>
> It is enabled only in parts of the tree, since together with -Werror
> it causes lots of fallout otherwise.

I managed to build evbarm and a few more architectures with full SSP on
this branch:
http://git.edgebsd.org/gitweb/?p=edgebsd-src.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/khorben/ssp

Only this commit had significant changes to the code:
http://git.edgebsd.org/gitweb/?p=edgebsd-src.git;a=commitdiff;h=c35c9312773d0c2e1459a96c379d4701c7cf93de

Unfortunately I could not test the resulting kernels and binaries, for
lack of hardware. Let me know if there is anything interesting in there.
It is based on netbsd-6.

Cheers,
--
khorben