Upgrade sysutil/salt to 2015.5.2

I have updated sysutil/salt to the latest stable release (2015.5.2) in
order to fix a bug in salt-ssh that exists in 2014.7.2 and I am
currently testing the update locally.

While salt-ssh is working now, I have discovered that it relies on the
ssh-copy-id script from openssh-portable. Some platforms (NetBSD, OSX,
etc) have openssh installed but don't include the ssh-copy-id command.

What is the best approach to solving this problem? Should I work with
upstream to provide a fallback for ssh-copy-id? Create a package with
just ssh-copy-id (My current local fix)? Add a patch to copy in the
script?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice,
Travis