Re: bootstrap failure

* On 2015-07-01 at 23:10 BST, Jan Danielsson wrote:

> On 01/07/15 22:46, Jan Danielsson wrote:
> >    Wondering if it was as simple as a broken /bin/sh, I decided to try
> > need_ksh=yes, but then this happens:
> [---]
>
>    It wasn't a shell issue.
>
>    Does anyone know where those
>
> ----------------------
> bmake: "/usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/sbin/pkg_info -K /var/db/pkg -qp
> coreutils 2>
> /dev/null |                      { read cmd arg;
> case "$arg" in                                           "")     /usr/pkg ;;
> *)       "$arg" ;;                                       esac; }"
> returned non-zero status
> sh: /usr/pkg: cannot execute - Is a directory
> bmake: "/usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/sbin/pkg_info -K /var/db/pkg -qp
> coreutils 2>
> /dev/null |                      { read cmd arg;
> case "$arg" in                                           "")     /usr/pkg ;;
> *)       "$arg" ;;                                       esac; }"
> returned non-zero status
>
>    are coming from?

They're coming from mk/find-prefix.mk via mk/tools/replace.mk trying
to figure out how to pull in essential tools required by pkgsrc.
What's odd about the output above is that it looks like ECHO is
undefined, hence it trying to execute /usr/pkg instead of echo it.

If you set ECHO=echo in the bootstrap environment and try again does
it get further?  Not a fix, obviously, but curious as to what's
causing it.