Re: user/group mismatch on munin-server update

22. 5. 2015 v 20:42, Jean-Yves Migeon <jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost>:

> Now, onto the fix. A short investigation in mk/pkginstall/ makes me say that the install script will hardcode the uid/gid when the user/group already exist on the system. This happens to be the case when someone builds another package just before: munin-node. It uses the exact same user and group name [2], namely "munin".

No, it’s because munin-master has USERGROUP_PHASE=pre-install set, which means the software requires the UID/GID to build and/or install, or, more likely, the maintainer didn’t patch around such silly requirement enough.

sysutils/munin* is terribly outdated and I’ve fixed this in wip/munin* a long time ago, so that’s the one we should import into sysutils/ over the old one. However, I no longer use munin and haven’t had a chance to test it very much.

-F