Re: pkg_add hangs and consumes 100% CPU

On 2015-05-07 14:04, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:

On 7 May 2015 at 05:17, Kevin J. Woolley <kjw%doglet.ca@localhost> wrote:
Identical to the situation I discovered on armv7hf with Ubuntu. Packages
with lots of files seem to be the major culprits -- ncurses, perl, and
openssl were the ones I couldn't get past; one or more of the packages would
always trigger this behaviour.

That's good to hear, when it happens again, if you note the PID of
pkg_add and pass it to gdb with:
gdb --pid=$THATPID

Does the output from issuing the bt command to gdb indicate that it's
also hung on mpool_get() ?

Yes -- everything about it is the same except for the disassembly, which is understandable given the CPU difference. :)

Cheers,

kjw