Re: pbulk on AIX woes

On 27 April 2015 at 18:55, Sevan / Venture37 <venture37%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> On 26 April 2015 at 19:34, Sevan / Venture37 <venture37%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>> Scan finished with a segfault :)
>>
>> /usr/pkgsrc/pbulk/libexec/pbulk/scan[54]: 11272416 Segmentation fault(coredump)
>
> Still haven't got to resolving the debugger issue
>
> Just wanted to say that pscan.stderr contains
> bmake: don't know how to make pbulk-index. Stop
> bmake: don't know how to make pbulk-index. Stop
> bmake: don't know how to make pbulk-index. Stop
> bmake: don't know how to make pbulk-index. Stop
> bmake: don't know how to make pbulk-index. Stop
> bmake: don't know how to make pbulk-index. Stop

Kinda hit a blocker on getting dbx installed on AIX as IBM hasn't
provided all the needed dependencies to be able to install dbx
successfully, hence I'm waiting for support to resolve the issue.

Meanwhile I grabbed a new copy of the pkgsrc-current tar.gz & re-ran
pbulk.sh, I'd symlinked /usr/bin/cc to /usr/bin/gcc, this caused some
problems if CC was not explicitly set to /usr/bin/gcc (perl failed to
link for example).
I haven't dug in to see if that's the perl build assuming if
/usr/bin/cc exists on AIX, it's XLC or if ld takes on different
behaviour.
bulkbuild failed again with a coredump.
This time the message logged was:
/bin/sh: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.
/bin/sh: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.
/bin/sh: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.
/bin/sh: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.
/bin/sh: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.
/bin/sh: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.
/bin/sh: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.
/bin/sh: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.
/bin/sh: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.
/bin/sh: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.
/bin/sh: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.
/bin/sh: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.
/bin/sh: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.

I've edited the bootstrap script & the bmake Makefile to set pdksh as
a dependency & rerun bulkbuild. I'll know the result of the scan in a
couple of hours.

Sevan / Venture37