problems updating math/py-rpy package

I am trying to update the math/py-rpy package and am running into an odd (for me) problem.  It seems that the egg files or the way pkg_create/pkg_add handles them is causing trouble.  Everything builds and installs fine, but only if I comment out the ${EGG_FILE}  line in PLIST.  When that line is active the following types of errors occur:

- pkg_create complains about an egg-info directory being in the PLIST.

- pkg_add complains that "PLIST entry and package don't match", citing the egg-info file and the egg-info directory.

- pkg_add complains about "Couldn't remove …" for each of the files in PLIST.

This is being done on a NetBSD 6.1.2 system with a recent (mid-April) checkout of pkgsrc-2015Q1.  I have attached a patch with my modifications.

Does anyone understand what pkg_create/pkg_add is doing here and how it might be interacting with the python egg stuff to cause these problems?

I would greatly appreciate assistance with this.  Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Brook