Re: XFCE Update proposal to 4.12

I updated a machine remotely to use the XFCE 4.12 packages.  Now I'm on-
site with the machine and when logging in via XDM, 'xfce4-session' exits,
leaving this in the user's ".xsession-errors" file:

----------
XDM authorization key matches an existing client!xfce4-session: Cannot open display: .
Type 'xfce4-session --help' for usage.

Searching for this error turns up some hits (for penguinOS, of course)
that seem to indicate something related to 'dbus', but I don't really
know that subsystem.

The tests I ran on my local machines (netbsd-[67]/i386) worked fine.

The problem machine is netbsd-7/amd64.

Has anyone else experienced similar problem and point to a solution?

Thanks.