Re: Qt5 issues in LXQt from wip

Niclas Rosenvik wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 01:51:55 +0200
> "Kamil Rytarowski" <n54%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> > I've packaged the LXQt Desktop Environment in pkgsrc-wip as wip/lxde.
> >
> > LXQt is based on KF5 (KDE4 libs successor) and Qt5.
> > I was trying to link lxqt against our Qt5 packaged, but I have got
> > problems with xcb.
> >
> > $ lxqt-about
> > This application failed to start because it could not find or load
> > the Qt platform plugin "xcb". Available platform plugins are:
> > minimal, offscreen, xcb. Reinstalling the application may fix this
> > problem.
> >
> > Can someone please test whether the issue isn't just local to me as
> > I'm on current.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> It works for me on NetBSD 6 with pkgsrc-current. Are you on
> NetBSD-current? or do you mean that you use pkgsrc-current with wip?

Actually both, NetBSD-current and pkgsrc-current -- not timely recent
but relatively new. I add to it wip from pkgsrc-wip.

> One thing about xcb, I have had problems with xcb and qt5 on NetBSD 6.
> having X11_TYPE=modular in mk.conf fixes this.

Thank you for pointing this out, I will try to have a look at this
issue closely. At least there is a working reference of the modular
X11 setup.

> When I was trying to build liblxqt it was using -fPIE to build the
> shared library so it messed up. Does this happen to you? I tracked it
> down to qt5/lib/cmake/Qt5Core/Qt5CoreConfigExtras.cmake adding -fPIE.

I wasn't aware of the PIE problems. Thank you for reporting it and
tracking it down!

> /Niclas Rosenvik

When I will address the above issues I report it here.