Re: gobject-introspection on OS X 10.9: clang include <> vs "" fussiness

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:

> On Sun, Apr 05, 2015 at 08:13:29PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> So my real question is whether others are seeing this, or if it's only
>> that clang is newly fussy about not looking in the sourcedir for files
>> included with <>.
>
> Clang makes the same distinction between <> and "" as every other C
> compiler. What you are seeing is very likely a missing include. One

What do you mean by "missing include"?  There are .c files in the
sources that have  "#include <gitypes.h>" but there is not gitypes.h in
any other package, and it's in the same source directory.  Or do you
mean "missing -I${srcdir}/girepository"?

> common way people seem to get to this point is hidden symlinks in
> WRKOBJDIR or co. The patch is certainly completely inappropiate.

I have a pretty vanilla checkout, with workdir as "work" in the package
directory.  A pkg_rr of most of everything else I have installed (550
packages) was ok.

I will refrain from committing, but it strikes me that using <> to
include files that are part of the implementation and in the same
sourcedir as the .c file is irregular.