Re: Adding Bitrig support

* On 2015-04-05 at 17:35 BST, rodent%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:

> On Friday, i discovered Bitrig, which is a fork of OpenBSD. It has clang as
> the base compiler package, supports amd64 (with arm{7,8} support in the
> works), and has perhaps one GNU tool in base. They haven't decided on a
> package system yet and are using OpenBSD's ports in the interim.
>
> They have a friendly and helpful IRC channel on OFTC. Some were interested in
> entertaining the idea of running pkgsrc on Bitrig. Since quite a lot of
> packages in pkgsrc work on OpenBSD, it seemed trivial to make pkgsrc work on
> Bitrig. Here's the results of yesterday's work:
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/rodent/bitrig.tar.gz
>
> The archive contains:  1) a CVS diff of the affected files in one mega
> patch file; 2) the affect files; 3) the output of bootstrapping pkgsrc on
> Bitrig. Could we get some feedback on these patches and maybe an approval for
> their integration? I'd like confirmation if this requires bumping the package
> versions of bmake, libnbcompat, bootstrap-mk-files, and pkg_install.

Initially the diff looks ok, though there are a bunch of spaces->tabs
needed on quick glance.

I'd love to see this integrated once joerg@ as maintainer has ok'd.
Now is a great time to get it in so we can work on making pkgsrc
support Bitrig well for our 2015Q2 release, and hopefully get some new
contributors on board!

Thanks,