Re: s/gnome2/mate + gnome3 ?

Does MATE conflict in naming with gnome2?  It seems the mate packages
that were in wip had different names.

I am curious if anyone is still using our gnome2 packages, and if they'd
just switch to MATE were it available.  I gave up on gnome2 recently,
moving to xfce4, which is adequate for multiple desktops and a small
taskbar with a clock.

Certainly getting mate into pkgsrc seems like a good thing, and I don't
see any reason other than no one has gotten to it.  Then, deleting
gnome2 or updating it to 3 is probably the right thing, but I don't know
how people that use gnome2 feel about mate (probably positive, it
seems).