Re: Proposal: remove shells/bash2

From: Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost>, Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 20:03:56 +0100

> I would like to remove shells/bash2 after cutting the branch. It is
> quite badly outdated now and has unfixed vulnerabilities. If anyone
> has a problem with the GPLv3 used in newer bash versions, I'd
> recommend shells/mksh, which has full bash compatibility and is
> BSD-licensed.
>
> Comments?

Hi,

Under SCO OpenServer 5, shells/bash does not work fine.
bash2 works fine.
(And its /bin/sh is horribly broken.)

I will investigate shells/bash problem and I would like to
use shells/bash instead of bash2.

I have not tested mksh yet.

Please keep bash2 for a while.

Thank you.

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3