Re: multimedia/ffmpeg2 on Mac OSX v10.7.5

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 11:57:03AM -0700, Brook Milligan wrote:
 > I am not familiar with the DBG variable and what it is to do.  So
 > far the ffmpeg2 package is the only anomaly I am running into.

In the NetBSD base build system, DBG is a place to stick -g vs. -O2,
so can be used to hack in other CFLAGS without making a huge mess.

I'm not sure if pkgsrc honors it when setting the default CFLAGS
passed to packages, but even if it does it's not all that likely that
any given package honors the default CFLAGS. Most have to be patched
to, and most haven't been if it wasn't required to get things building
in the first place.

If the suggested options don't make it to the compiler commands the
package issues (if the package doesn't print those to the output,
check in work/.work/log), then it didn't have any effect and you need
to try a different hack to inject it.

Then if the extra flags solve the problem we can figure out how to get
them in by default

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost