New functions in LIBC of NetBSD-current: strtoi(3), strtou(3) and strtonum(3)

Hello,

NetBSD-current (pre-8.0) since Jan 16, A.D. 2015
ships with new functions in the Standard C Library (libc):
- strtoi(3) in <inttypes.h> [1]
- strtou(3) in <inttypes.h> [2]
- strtonum(3) under _OPENBSD_SOURCE namespace in <stdlib.h> [3]

This change may lead to build issues with some upstream packages,
which define their local functions with the names of the new functions.

For those who run recent NetBSD-current and do bulk builds,
please report me privately or on tech-pkg@ any build issues.

At the moment I'm aware of vlc(21) issues (thanks for notes in a private mail).
I'm going to squash the problem upstream and back-port patches to pkgsrc.

After the stabilization of the three functions in the NetBSD sources
I plan to merge them with pkgsrc, enabling them too all users.

Thanks to the OpenBSD compat layer (for now just strtonum(3))
it will be possible to just append to CPPFLAGS -D_OPENBSD_SOURCE
to ease maintainability of software that came from this system
or utilizing its libc functions (like FreeBSD does for strtonum(3)).

Regards,

[1] http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?strtoi++NetBSD-current
[2] http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?strtou++NetBSD-current
[3] http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?strtonum++NetBSD-current