Re: pkg_add(8). Bug in handling the flag "automatic"?

I should add that I'd be fine with making pkg_add (without -U) for a
package that is already installed an error.   The argument for the
current behavior is that such an error, while valid from some views,
isn't useful to the human, who has told the pkg system that they want
the package.  For package managers using the tools, it seems to be less
robust, but presumably they are coded to avoid this usage.