Re: wip/publicfile-run: review request

[ SourceForge hasn't let me update my wip checkout, so I haven't
  been able to review yet. ]

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 11:57:32AM -0600, J. Lewis Muir wrote:

> Right.  I considered that too when creating this package.  I made it a
> separate package because that's what had been done in net/djbdns-run and
> mail/qmail-run, so I thought that was the preferred approach.

The history there is, I added a bunch of rc.d scripts and other
pkgsrcery to qmail, told the qmail list about it, got pushback from
some list old-timers who generally didn't like any sort of packages
and at least wanted users to be able to tell the difference between
what's part of "qmail" and what's random other crud, and went along
with it. Then I figured I might as well do the same thing for djbdns.
And here you are, figuring you might as well do the same thing for
publicfile. ;-)

I tend to agree, particularly because DJB has placed much of his
software in the public domain, but not (yet?) publicfile. Even if
publicfile were public domain, I'm not sure I'd want to merge
djbdns-run and qmail-run back into their parent packages, and less
sure I'd want to merge more than zero and less than all three.  It's
been a while since I thought about this stuff, though. I'm open to
being persuaded.