Re: Help creating a package

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 09:04:52AM -0500, Jon Lorusso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for help with creating a package.  I've set up a Makefile
> <https://gist.githubusercontent.com/jonlorusso/df7651791613c9781519/raw/64c029ee20ae8a5ab73598ea57b0e213a60d5e64/gistfile1.txt>.

Use a better version number for DISTNAME. DISTNAME for package using
the pkgsrc git infrastructure is mostly ignored; just choose something
which follows the usual convention (like 0.0 or so, or any useful
version number that is probably lower than the next official release
tarball will be).

You can remove the url2pkg comment now, it's only there for when you
first edit the Makefile. (Suggestion on how to reword it to make that
clearer are welcome.)

You'll probably need to add a line:
WRKSRC=		wmutils

> When I run pkglint, I get only warnings
> <https://gist.githubusercontent.com/jonlorusso/3f7de635f134ec90712b/raw/9c5c4fccdc69ca45675429a5e08508aed87a0c3f/gistfile1.txt>.

The first warning is because the git hash is not a valid version
number (in pkgsrc terms).

You can ignore the next too, noone taught pkglint about
wip/mk/git-package.mk yet.

The last one _is_ relevant though, but you'll have to manage to make
it install first.

>   However, when I try to make the package, I get an odd error complaining
> that the work directory does not exist
> <https://gist.githubusercontent.com/jonlorusso/34422d700f47017e2a68/raw/cb9252eeda44b8db12989ae50cb0b974bbdeed4a/gistfile1.txt>.

Should be fixed by the WRKSRC setting from above.
 Thomas