Re: Removing Kerberos IV support

Tracy Di Marco White <netbsd-t%menelos.com@localhost> writes:

> Around a year ago I created a zephyr-3.0.2 package against kcr's zephyr
> 3.0.2 release. Works, and  I'm running it in production on NetBSD 6.1.2. I
> think I got very minor pushback about importing it because I
> didn't/couldn't/wouldn't test how it worked with k4, so I bailed on
> importing it.
>
> It's at http://gendalia.public.iastate.edu/zephyr-3.0.2.tar, but I used the
> canonical source at zephyr.1ts.org at the time, which seems to no longer
> exist.

I have the impression we are talking about doing the krb4 exorcism
shortly after the freeze ends.  If that's right, then I think it would
be good for you to commit your version as soon as the freeze is over.
You could put the distfile in MASTER_SITE_BACKUP, or update to a new
distfile source.   Unfortunately upstream seems to not have distfiles
(shocking, given that it's on github :-().