Re: packages and TeXLive revisions

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 04:20:56PM -0600, Brook Milligan wrote:
> So should that be a comment in the Makefile or an actual defined make
> variable?  I have seen both.  (I have also seen packages with neither.)  Is
> this documented anywhere?

I think it's commonly used to keep the distfiles separate, since they
are unversioned; so usually DIST_SUBDIR is set using the revision. A
few packages have separate version numbers, so that can be used for
the DIST_SUBDIR as well. I think revision is just the fallback if such
a version number does not exist.

So define if you need it for DIST_SUBDIR, make it a comment if not.

I think much of the TeXLive handling in pkgsrc is not described,
sadly. I'm also just guessing from looking at some of the packages and
updating some.
 Thomas