Re: Home directory of PostgreSQL user

> /var is often a smallish filesystem, at least for those who practice
> traditional Unix separate filesystems.  Real databases, as opposed to
> auxiliary data that is needed to run a system, really don't belong in
> /var, but in some place the database administrator has chosen.

Hmm, not if you're keeping lots of logs. Small /var mounts will get choked
quickly on the IP logs alone. /var is for variable data. It's one of the
mounts we don't have to mount read-only.

Given that the data in ${PGHOME} is owned/grouped by ${PGUSER}, I'd like it
much better if we made ${PGHOME}=${VARBASE}/chroot/pgsql.