Re: wip/webkit-gtk-2.4.3: testing needed

Hello Ottavio,

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 07:04:30AM +0000, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> Could anybody try it with the latest Midori and see if it solves the
> seg fault problem as in bug 47620 (and apologies for the mess I made
> with that bug report, you need to go the bottom to see the ktrace
> files).
Regarding pkg/47620 I'm not sure but wiz@ disabled webkit-jit option on
amd64 too and this may help you (IIRC the fix isn't present in the
pkgsrc-2014Q1 package)... wip/webkit-gtk does the same.

If www/midori is the only package that uses www/webkit-gtk you can also
delete it and try wip/webkit-gtk just changing in the
www/midori/Makefile:

 [...]
 .include "../../www/webkit-gtk/buildlink3.mk"
 [...]

to:

 [...]
 .include "../../wip/webkit-gtk/buildlink3.mk"
 [...]

They can't coexist in the same LOCALBASE but apart the new
multimedia/gstreamer1 related dependencies wip/webkit-gtk still uses
WebKit1 API and should be compatible with older webkit versions (so just
update www/midori/Makefile && pkg_delete webkit-gtk && cd www/midori &&
make install :))

Unfortunately I will be busy for the university in the next weeks but I
will try www/midori ASAP, doing my best to have the webkit-gtk>=2.4.3
imported for pkgsrc-2014Q3 (it's still WIP for the "opengl" option and
the speed issues when javascript is on).

HTH,
Ciao,
L.