xetex seems to be just a pdflatex

Hi,

some time ago I prepared a slide for niederrhein.pm and aked for some help in a
LaTeX newsgroup.
Beside some other things, Herbert Voss told me that I could use pstricks
directly without the indirection over latex -> dvips -> ps2pdf using xetex. But
it seems (at least my) xetex from pkgsrc behaves just as pdflatex.

Is it just my installation which is probably broken (and how can I clean
restart - read: after pkg_delete all latex packages, what do I have to remove?)
or is it a general problem?

If someone wants to test out-of-the-box - it's not a small one but when that
does with xetex, it's mine what's broken:
https://github.com/rehsack/Moo-at-App-Math-Tutor

Cheers
--
Jens Rehsack