Re: wip/mk/git-package.mk cleanups

On 2014-05-03 11:50, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> +#            If ${WRKSRC} doesn't exist by the time post-extract is
> +#            run, ${WRKSRC} will be created as a symlink pointing
> +#            to ${GIT_MODULE.${GIT_REPOSITORIES:[1]}}.
> +#
>
> I'm afraid, it doesn't clean anything up,

Sure it does:  It eliminates the need to set
WRKSRC=${WRKDIR}/${GIT_MODULE.foo} in the package Makefile.

> it only introduces more divergence to other <vcs>-package.mk.

OK, I will make similar changes to the other *-package.mk makefiles.

> -# Cache support:
> -#   cache file name
> +# cache file name
>
> This is outright wrong. First, it removes the only way not to cache
> local repositories,

Any user or package that overrides an internal undocumented variable in
order to disable caching is asking for trouble.

If we want users to be able to disable caching, then there should be a
clear, documented mechanism.  I'll work on adding such a mechanism and
send out a new version of the patches.

-Richard