Re: Trying to update www/webkit-gtk to 2.4.1

Hello Thomas,

On Sat, May 03, 2014 at 09:40:43PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Look for headers in webkitgtk that redefine read() et al?
Yes, unfortunately I looked but it seems that webkit-gtk does not
redefine them, e.g.:

[from the ${WRKSRC}]
$ grep -R readlink .
./Source/WTF/wtf/gobject/GlibUtilities.cpp:    ssize_t result =
readlink("/proc/self/exe", readLinkBuffer, PATH_MAX);
./Source/WTF/wtf/gobject/GlibUtilities.cpp:    ssize_t result =
readlink("/proc/curproc/file", readLinkBuffer, PATH_MAX);
Il file binario ./Source/WTF/wtf/gobject/.libs/libWTF_la-GlibUtilities.o
corrisponde
Il file binario ./Source/WTF/wtf/gobject/libWTF_la-GlibUtilities.o corrisponde
Il file binario ./Source/WebCore/plugins/gtk/.libs/libWebCoreGtk_la-gtk2xtbin.o
corrisponde
Il file binario ./Source/WebCore/plugins/gtk/libWebCoreGtk_la-gtk2xtbin.o
corrisponde
Il file binario
./Source/WebCore/platform/gtk/.libs/libPlatformGtk_la-GtkVersioning.o
corrisponde
Il file binario ./Source/WebCore/platform/gtk/libPlatformGtk_la-GtkVersioning.o
corrisponde
Il file binario
./DerivedSources/WebInspectorUI/.libs/libWebCore_la-GResourceBundle.o
corrisponde
Il file binario ./DerivedSources/WebInspectorUI/libWebCore_la-GResourceBundle.o
corrisponde
Il file binario ./.libs/libWTF.a corrisponde
Il file binario ./.libs/libjavascriptcoregtk-1.0.so.0.16.9 corrisponde
Il file binario ./.libs/libjavascriptcoregtk-1.0.so.0 corrisponde
Il file binario ./.libs/libjavascriptcoregtk-1.0.so corrisponde
Il file binario ./.libs/libjavascriptcoregtk-1.0.a corrisponde
Il file binario ./.libs/libPlatformGtk.a corrisponde
Il file binario ./.libs/libWebCore.a corrisponde
Il file binario ./.libs/libWebCoreGtk.a corrisponde

...where «Il file binario ... corrisponde» =~ «The binary file ...
matches»

So I do not know if it is a webkit-gtk problem or gcc-48 problem...

If someone with some spare CPU cycles can try to build it on different
port and/or version and/or compiler and report the results it would be
very helpful.

PS: Thomas, I have also read your email about javascript support in
webkit-gtk (particulary gnucash IIRC)... I can not reply technically
but in the last months I saw that www/firefox can render various sites
full of nasty javascript better than webkit-gtk based web browsers. I
hope we will soon update www/webkit-gtk and maybe these problems will
be fixed.

Ciao,