Re: Problems with sysutils/coreutils

replied to different ML (should be pkgsrc-users@), please ignore.

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 17:11:10 +0900, OBATA Akio <obata%lins.jp@localhost> wrote:

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 07:15:07 +0900, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:

I've tried on NetBSD-6.0.1/amd64 and can reproduce the problem.
For some reason, the configure script thinks that strncat is broken.

configure:21990: checking whether strncat works
configure:22076: gcc -std=gnu99 -o conftest -O2 -I/usr/include -I/usr/include
-L/usr/lib -Wl,-R/usr/lib -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib conftest.c  >&5
configure:22076: $? = 0
configure:22076: ./conftest
configure:22076: $? = 3

The program it's running is attached with an additional printf to
print dest. I can't reproduce the exit code 3 with that though, so I'm
a bit confused what's happening here.

Ideas?

optimization bug?
I can reproduce with -O2, but not happened without it.

(We could force the configure script to accept NetBSD's strncat by
setting some magic autoconf variable, perhaps that's the easiest
solution.)

Or put following before declaration of "strncat" in lib/strncat.c?
#undef strncat

--
OBATA Akio / obata%lins.jp@localhost