Re: netbsd-5, MesaLib, changing default to X11_TYPE=modular

On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 23:26:11 +0900, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>
wrote:

For a long time, netbsd-5 bulk builds have had a massive number of
failures due to MesaLib.  Really this is due to the base system X11 bits
in netbsd-5 being crufty.  I have thus set X11_TYPE=modular, and many
more packages get built.

Given this, I think we should make netbsd-5 default to X11_TYPE=modular.
But I'm not sure of what other consequences there are - what do others think?

For MesaLib, there are two issues:

* BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.dri2proto+= driproto>=2.1 must be defined for building
  MesaLib from pkgsrc, but not defined anywhere.
* BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.glproto+= glproto>=1.4.11 must not be defined for the
case
  buitin MesaLib is sufficient, but defined in dri.mk unconditionally.

The first issue break build MesaLib on NetBSD-5.
The second issue introduce unwanted dependency on MesaLib from pkgsrc on
NetBSD-5.

But such issues are not only for NetBSD-5 but also affect to others.

--
OBATA Akio / obata%lins.jp@localhost