Re: PERL5_PACKLIST and .orig files

Am 21.02.2014 um 18:52 schrieb Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost>:

> If pkgsrc patches a Perl Module, the resulting .orig file ends up in the
> .packlist and, via PERL5_PACKLIST, in the PLIST, so is contained in the
> package.
> See devel/p5-Proc-Daemon for an example.
>
> Is this an error in the PERL5_PACKLIST handling code or is a package's
> Makefile supposed to remove the .orig files post-patch?

Hi Edgar,

I rate it as a misuse of .packlist in pkgsrc (from current understanding
of .packlist in Perl Toolchain Gang).
However - I usually „fix“ it by adding

pre-configure:
       cd ${WRKSRC} && find `pwd` -name "*.orig" -type f | xargs rm

to Makefile.
Hope that explains a bit.

I CC Wen, cause he did the last commit.
I also add David and Bingos to set it maybe on the discussion list
for Lyon Consensus :)

Cheers
--
Jens Rehsack