How to make packages use built in zlib?

I noticed that the MirBSD bulk build logs contain several instances of zlib version errors. This is because there is a built-in while pkgsrc installs a slightly newer version as

Linking against libz from pkgsrc is dangerous because many binaries link against the built-in libcrypto, which pulls in the built-in libz. Thus I would like to always use the built-in zlib, which happens to be new enough for the ABI_DEPENDS in its

What is the right incantation to achieve this? Can I do it in a platform defaults file?