Re: Updating plans of lang/ghc

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 04:13:30 +0900, David Holland
<dholland-pkgtech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

 > Can ghc be built using some other Haskell implementation?

Not AFAIK. But even if it theoretically can, the others (hugs and
nhc98) don't really work well enough to do this in practice. I updated
nhc98 recently, but it still supports 64-bit platforms only by
compiling itself with -m32. Also it won't run on one of my machines
for some reason I haven't got around to chasing down.

"GHC is required to build GHC, because GHC itself is written in Haskell, and uses
GHC extensions."
"In general, we support building with the previous 2 major releases"
https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/Preparation/Tools

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost