Re: pkgsrc-2013Q4 freeze started

wiz@ wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 08:54:30AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> > My suggestion is "define it more specific to avoid bikeshed"
> > as noted the above.
>
> This topic already reached bikeshed size.

Ok, please make a decision as PMC.

> > No principle explanation is needed. Just define
> > which leaf packages you want prior approval before commit.
>
> The first rule is: 'in case of doubt, ask'.
> The other rule is: 'do not break stuff'.

No doubt, no breakage, then complained because
"it was a important package."  Isn't it called fail?

> > If you want no-breakage during freeze, you can simply define
> > "no leaf package updates are allowed" or
> > "all leaf package updates also require approval."
> > Why not?
>
> We could do that, but that seems too restrictive to me. But if we find
> out that most would prefer that, we can switch to that for the next
> branch.

Please read my first suggestion again:
>> - no updates are allowed in the last two (or three) days of freeze
>> - "minor" updates is allowed
>> - "major" updates require prior approval (by MAINTAINER or PMC)

Several people just claim current rules (including undocumented ones)
are is fine, so I answer it failed. I don't see any valid
alternative suggestions.

---
Izumi Tsutsui