[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: Issues with jabberd2 package 2.3.1
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" writes:
- I just installed jabberd2 from source and while it works there are a
- few issues with the package.
Crud, I thought I'd repeatedly tested all the options. I know
what I'll be doing today.
- There is no ChangeLog file but it is in the PLIST.
- There are a bunch of options but they are not in the default options
- file .../mk/defaults/options.description.
- The MESSAGE file refers to NEWS but no such file is installed. There
- is a NEWS file in the distribution but it is in a different place and
- in any case, I don't think that the message is correct. It is
- basically the ChangeLog missing above. It doesn't say what to do if
- upgrading from an earlier version.
Upstream declared that NEWS had replaced the UPGRADING file.
So, I'd made the appropriate update. But you're right, it is
more like a Changelog.
- there is also this from pkglint:
- NOTE: Makefile:3: This package is newer than the update request to
- I think that this is confusing jabberd2 with the older jabberd
- package. That package does not seem to be supported any more. Perhaps
- we should just remove that older one.
Yes, it does seem to be confusing jabberd2 with jabberd1_4.
Unfortunately, both versions are maintained, and share a common
Eric Schnoebelen eric%cirr.com@localhost
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but
she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey
Main Index |
Thread Index |