PLIST management feature?

Hi,

is there a general way of extracting lines from a PLIST based on
${PLIST.foo} for further processing?

While growing amd64 support for wip/tsm62, I figured I might want to
make java gui support optional for server setups that hardly ever see a
restore operation. The tsm binaries ship as rpm archives wrapped in a
tarball; 'do-extract' will untar, and during 'install' rpm2pkg will
unpack the lot into the staging area. At this point, I need to remove
the java-related files that are marked optional in the PLIST.

For now, I have come up with the little sed(1) dance in

post-install:
.if empty(PKG_OPTIONS:Mjava)
        for _fff in `${SED} -e '/^[$$]{PLIST\.java}/!d' -e
's/^[$$]{PLIST\.java}//g' ${PLIST_SRC}`; do \
            ${RM} -f ${DESTDIR}${PREFIX}/$${_fff}; \
        done
.endif

which does the trick, but earns me a pkglint(8) complaint for running
sed in the install phase, and is generally a bit unsavoury. Is there a
better way?

hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281