Re: RTI add zlib.pc to devel/zlib

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:

> On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 07:28:07PM +0100, Richard PALO wrote:
>> In working on updating cups to 1.7 and adding cups-filters to
>> pkgsrc, I came across (on solaris) that the pkgsrc zlib doesn't have
>> a zlib.pc whereas on my illumos-based distribution, it surprisingly
>> does.
>
> Well, it is not something provided by upstream. I am not sure we should
> either...

I think I agree with Joerg.  In general I think pkgsrc should be as thin
a wrapper around upstream as possible, with most changes intended to be
sent upstream and applied by them.  Plus fixes to install paths, and
adding rc.d files.  I think we should minimize adding features via
pkgsrc.

Richard:
  Have you submitted a bug report and fix to zlib?  What did they say?

  Do you know how the .pc came to appear in your illumos system?