Re: Removing packages without DESTDIR support

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 11:26:37PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 12:14:03AM +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> > I strongly object to removal of packages on arbitrary grounds.
>
> It has been discussed often enough. It is far from arbitrary.
> You have had enough time to fix packages you are interested in.
>
> Joerg

if you really need that, we've had ports for cvsup, ezm3, ghc and quite
a few things in OpenBSD for a while.

DESTDIR support did become mandatory for us... over 10 years ago ?
(boy, does time fly).

So if it can help untangle the knot, feel free to borrow the hacks
necessary.

*anything* can be made DESTDIR aware. By and large, those were not the
hardest things (if memory serves, old tetex was a barrel of fun).