Re: issues for openjdk7

Le 05/10/13 20:42, Jonathan Perkin a écrit :
* On 2013-10-05 at 08:25 BST, Richard PALO wrote:

-.if ${OPSYS} == "SunOS"

okay, I just tried to make it conform to the existing checks, for readability.

Unfortunately I'm finding hardcoded '/opt/local' and other potentially invalid assumptions in some of the patch files and, naturally, the dist files...

The 'jre' link wasn't set for ALT_BOOTDIR in openjdk7/Makefile
(pkgsrc sun-jre7 seems to have restructured the jdk directory hierarchy and collapsed the jre directory with a symlink to its parent).
It wouldn't even build if I didn't add ALT_OBJCOPY and STRIP.

Openjdk runtime also seems to keep looking in the bootstrap jdk packages directory for (at least), not to mention things like jconsole don't seem to be able to initialise X:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window
server using 'localhost:11.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
        at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
        at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment$
        at Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(
        at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.createGE(
        at sun.awt.X11.XToolkit.<clinit>(
        at java.lang.Class.forName(
        at java.awt.Toolkit$
        at Method)
        at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(
Not too useable without X, and after checking, didn't seem to work with pkgsrc installed sun-j*7 either.

I guess I'll wrap up the builtin work with sun-j*7 and leave it at that... This has consumed far too much time...