Re: Building libfetch and fetch in-tree

On 01/10/2013 23:43, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 11:39:23PM +0200, Pierre Pronchery wrote:

>>> The repository is not broken. It works exactly as it is supposed to.
>>
>> Ok, let's have a look:
>>
>> khorben:edgebsd-pkgsrc/net/fetch/files$ git branch
>> * master
>> [rigorously the same as pkgsrc's HEAD]
>> khorben:edgebsd-pkgsrc/net/fetch/files$ ./configure
>> [...]
>> khorben:edgebsd-pkgsrc/net/fetch/files$ make
>> #   compile  files/fetch.o
>> gcc -O2 -fstack-protector -Wstack-protector   --param ssp-buffer-size=1
>>  -std=gnu99 -Werror    -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -c    fetch.c
>> fetch.c:33:22: fatal error: nbcompat.h: No such file or directory
>> compilation terminated.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Obviously failed.
>
> Please stop doing random things. Stop hacking to make random things
> seemingly work. The pkgsrc build system easily allows building a debug
> version. It easily allows changing things and running rebuild. You know,
> people have been debugging this code before.

I am not doing random things. I am merely protecting an include of
nbcompat.h exactly as (properly) detected by the configure script, and
as advertized by config.h, and additionally explicitly provided by
pkgsrc itself (through the features feature). That makes two safeguards,
and the end result is more portable.

As a matter of fact, all of this was inspired by a careful read of
mk/features/features-vars.mk. I do not think the content of this file is
random :p

--
khorben