Re: 2013Q3 freeze pre-announcement

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 01:39:10PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 03:22:10PM +0400, Sergey Svishchev wrote:
git 1.8.4's rebase scripts misbehave in 6.1 -- if automatic merge
fails and you are asked to merge manually, you cannot continue the
rebase since .git/rebase-apply is deleted.  Somehow, this 'if' block
is not 'returning' and execution continues after 'fi'.  It's sourced
from libexec/git-core/git-rebase--am by libexec/git-core/git-rebase in

>if test 0 != $ret
>        test -d "$state_dir" && write_basic_state
>        return $ret

I could not reproduce this behaviour outside of git, but I do have a
copy of git repository which triggers this.  Reverting to works.

Have you reported this upstream? I think they are the people most
likely to fix this.

Not yet -- at this point I'm not sure where the bug is, their code or
our shell.

Sergey Svishchev