Re: Problems building devel/subversion-base on MacOS X 10.8

Am 29.07.2013 um 11:09 schrieb OBATA Akio <obache%NetBSD.org@localhost>:

> On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:39:04 +0900, Jens Rehsack <sno%netbsd.org@localhost>
> wrote:
>
>> Am 26.07.2013 um 15:27 schrieb Joerg Sonnenberger
>> <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost>:

>>> I wonder if we should flag this as bug upstream. I don't see why groff
>>> should do canonisation of character set names in first place.
>>

>> Well, but for the moment we need some kind of fix.
>>
>> If Akio would use buildlink3.mk, usual builtin.mk result would be applied.
>> That might allow overriding of USE_BUILTIN.iconv for NetBSD's without
>> charset.alias.
>>
>> Further: it looks that it searches for libiconv - so they might know about
>> the
>> conflicting charset.alias which is tried to prevent by patch-ab …
>>
>> Simply patching the own charset.alias out and adding a hard requirement to
>> converters/libiconv is no solution because of the side effects.
>>
>> Other proposals?
>
> Probably, origin of this issue is same as PR pkg/48036, it should be fixed.

Yes, hidden dependency. We can fix that only by intercepting the generated *.la
files. I have no clue how we can do that.

> Dropping dependency on converters/libiconv for groff is not relevant to
> this issue.  Even if the dependency is dropped, the issue will still happen
> with existence of iconv from pkgsrc.

Nope - it happens because of existence of iconv from pkgsrc and libiconv.la was
linked/referenced by the libserf.la - what is even more tricky.

But I would also argue, that the nit (from weight of error) in textproc/groff
should be fixed, anyway. But I would prefer a kind of fix making you and me
happy ;)

Cheers
--
Jens Rehsack