Re: Update of databases/p5-SQL-Statement & textproc/p5-Text-CSV_XS

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 12:26:00 +0200, Jens Rehsack <sno%NetBSD.org@localhost>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> weekend was a bit stressier than expected, so I missed the updates
> of SQL::Statement (databases/p5-SQL-Statement) and Text::CSV_XS
> (textproc/p5-Text-CSV_XS).
>
> For both distributions I know the maintainer very well and I can
> confirm that both updates fixing critical bugs.
>
> databases/p5-SQL-Statement is used in pkgsrc by
> * databases/p5-DBD-CSV
> * databases/p5-DBD-Google (which is upstream broken for a long time ...)
>
> textproc/p5-Text-CSV_CS is used in pkgsrc by
> * databases/p5-DBD-CSV
> * databases/p5-Fsdb
> * devel/p5-Module-CPANTS-Analyse
> * math/p5-Spreadsheet-Read
>
> Merijn - I hope you agree, none of the fixes in Text::CSV_XS since  0.99
> (currently included) would break any of the above.

If you have 0.99, and it passes all the tests, I urge you to up to
1.00, which fixes a serious bug for binary fields that contain a \0
or (valid) UTF-8 fields that do not contain a \0

1.01 is a low-prio update: it only fixes getline_all () on CSV files
that have a \r as line ending (\r\n is not a problem).

> Am I permitted to perform those updates (this evening)?
>
> Cheers

using perl5.00307 .. 5.19   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE