   Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 13:07:12 +0900 (JST)
   From: Takahiro Kambe <>

   Where should I specify ftp_proxy/http_proxy/https_proxy environment to
   fetch files under proxy reqruied environment?

Under the alternative patch I just sent to the list, in message-id
<>, the `env -i' would at
first apply only to the configure, build, and install phases, so those
environment variables would pass through to the fetch phase.

I think we ought to eventually apply `env -i' to fetch and various
other parts too, with some environment variables whitelisted:

FETCH_ENV_VARS+=        ftp_proxy
FETCH_ENV_VARS+=        http_proxy
FETCH_ENV_VARS+=        https_proxy

.for _var_ ${FETCH_ENV_VARS}
FETCH_ENV.${_var_}:=    ${${_var_}:D${_var_}=${${_var_}:Q}}
FETCH_ENV+=             ${FETCH_ENV.${_var_}}

But I'll leave that for Someone Else^TM with time to do it and test