Re: switching remaining platforms to modular X by default

On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 02:44:37PM +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
>    Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 09:57:02 +0200
>    From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>
>
>    3) we need a good way to cross-compile X11 libraries and basic tools
>       (e.g. xterm, twm). The server alone is useless.
>
> Working on it...  xterm is currently cross-compilable in pkgsrc except
> for its dependency on desktop-file-utils which brings in glib2 and
> thus Perl.  Not sure about twm.

And on that note about perl:

        http://www.netbsd.org/~agc/crossbuild-perl-1435.diff

has some patches that get as far as building the modules with the
miniperl that is produced, if anyone would like to continue this
fight, I am overcommitted right now.

(IIRC, the patches are to force extended regexps for sed and grep,
but nothing major, and to specify host compiler)

They are based on:

        http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12304

and will need updating for perl 5.18.

Best,