Re: add PKG_INSTALL_TRY_UPGRADE -- please review

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Benny Siegert <>
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 7:35 PM, matthew sporleder
> <> wrote:
>> I am getting pretty sick of the following workflow:
>> cd /usr/src/pkgsrc; cvs update
>> cd devel/tig
>> make install clean
> Me too! It's great that you do something about it.
>> +.if !empty(PKG_INSTALL_TRY_UPGRADE:M[yY][eE][sS])
>> +PKG_ADD+= "-u"
> Shouldn't this be PKGADD_OPTS? And shouldn't that be PKG_ADD_OPTS?

Oh, sorry.  PKGADD_OPTS was my first attempt at this and is cruft.
I got some issues related to the quoting around su -c, etc, so
switched to PKG_ADD+= (This seems to work since += appends with a

Please ignore that line.  :)