Re: add PKG_INSTALL_TRY_UPGRADE -- please review

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 7:35 PM, matthew sporleder
> <msporleder%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>> I am getting pretty sick of the following workflow:
>>
>> cd /usr/src/pkgsrc; cvs update
>> cd devel/tig
>> make install clean
>
> Me too! It's great that you do something about it.
>
>> +PKGADD_OPTS= ""
>> +.if !empty(PKG_INSTALL_TRY_UPGRADE:M[yY][eE][sS])
>> +PKG_ADD+= "-u"
>
> Shouldn't this be PKGADD_OPTS? And shouldn't that be PKG_ADD_OPTS?

Oh, sorry.  PKGADD_OPTS was my first attempt at this and is cruft.
I got some issues related to the quoting around su -c, etc, so
switched to PKG_ADD+= (This seems to work since += appends with a
<space>.)

Please ignore that line.  :)