Re: pkgsrc cross-compilation and other miscellaneous patches

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 02:40:06 +0900, Thomas Cort <>

I've been looking into cross compilation in pkgsrc a bit lately, and
one thing I'm still trying to wrap my head around is how all of the
makefiles which use exists(/some/path) will work in a cross
compilation environment, especially all of the files. They
look for headers and certain files, but it seems that they use
absolute paths and would find what's built into the build system, not
things in the sysroot of the target system. Any thoughts on this? I
couldn't find it mentioned in prior discussions.

I'll commit following changes soon:

For, use CROSS_DESTDIR prefixed with each COMPILER_LIB_DIRS
and it will probably be cross compilation ready.
I would like to create, same as find-libs for finding
header files with COMPILER_INCLUDE_DIRS.  It will be usable with
and will be used instead of direct using `.if exists(/usr/include/...)'.

OBATA Akio /