On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 07:23:40AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
 > Masao Uebayashi <> writes:
 > > Does pkgsrc has a notion similar to WARNS in base?
 > I don't think so.  Do you mean a warning level for the operations taken
 > by pkgsrc itself, or a warning level to be passed to the compiler used
 > in the build phase?

If the latter, you can get much of the effect temporarily by building
with '_WRAP_EXTRA_ARGS.CC=-Wall -Werror' or whatever -W flags you

Just be aware that this applies to both the configure and build
stages, and it makes a lot of autoconf scripts fail miserably.

Why anyone thought doing flagrantly illegal things in autoconf tests
was a good idea, I'll never understand.

David A. Holland